Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

The One That's a Stream of Thoughts - #1


Not that this will come as a shock to anyone who knows me, but I've been contemplating life a lot recently... I've been thinking about where I have come from, where I am at currently in life and where I want to be in five, ten, twenty years time... 

I'm a planner. The amounts of notes which I have about my goals and how I can realistically achieve those goals in the shortest possible amount of time seems to be never-ending. I like my life to be organised, thought through and scheduled. I'm that weird person who will schedule "down time." 

I've been having to remind myself over the last couple of weeks to allow myself to live in the moment much more. To take things as they come, and not jump ahead from step one to step fifty. To calm down and breathe. To enjoy my surroundings rather than pushing through, so busy that I miss out on all the little things that life has to offer. 

I'm reminded how little control I have over the bigger picture. There are so many variables in life which are not dependant on me, and THAT is hard for a "control-freak" to hear. But I'm having to lay back and realise that much more. I'm having to take deep breaths and remind myself that all I can do is my best. I cannot control others actions, and the world's problems do not sit on my shoulders. I'm not responsible for every tiny issue. All I can do is accept responsibility for my own actions. 

I'm reminded of how important optimism is in life, and how when that is against your nature - it's incredibly difficult to keep reminding yourself of the good. 

So I made a list (I told you I was a planner). A list of all the things which I should remind myself of every single morning. Just because. Not to be overly cheesy, but simply so that I remember that life isn't only chaos and destruction... Actually, there are plenty of things to be joyous about ;) 

Just my Monday thought... 

x Veevley

No comments:

Post a Comment