Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Closing Thoughts | 2014


Wow. I can't believe that in just a few hours, the clock will strike midnight and it will be 2015.

This year has been filled with crazy ups and downs, lots of madness, tears (whether happy or sad), laughter and events. And I wouldn't change a thing about it. 

Last year at New Year's, I was with some good friends in Finland, strolling the streets of Helsinki completely sober yet acting like we couldn't see straight. The laughs, oh the laughs. It was brilliant. But I remember going home that night and looking back on my year, wondering how the hell I was still alive. That year beat me up and spat me out, I was miserable. I remember thinking "I hope 2014 will be a little bit brighter."

It got brighter. 

This past year, I have been able to travel around the world to Sweden, Finland, the UK, and the Philippines. I have made very dear friends, experienced love and loss, gained insight into where I am heading and been able to clear a lot of grief, anger and resentment from my life.

Now don't get me wrong, the year definitely came with some difficulties but at the end of the day, all those difficulties have brought me to the place where I am right now where I feel healthy for the first time in quite a long time.

I would say that the biggest moment that stands out for me when looking back on 2014 was moving into my own flat. This happened because of various different reasons but regardless of the reasons, it was the best thing that I could have ever done for myself. It marked a new season in my life - one which I am enjoying immensely. 

This little corner of the internet has now been running for just over a year, and while I'm a terrible blogger and seem to post when it feels right, I have enjoyed it so much! I love having a place to ramble on about the things that intrigue me, or interest me.

What am I looking forward to in 2015?

Traveling. Enjoying time with my friends and family. Learning new things. New experiences and new adventures. All the cheesy things. ;)

I can't wait to see what this next year brings and I'm excited to be able to bring you along with me :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x Veevley

No comments:

Post a Comment