Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Inspiration - People


As I was taking a walk around the old city during my lunch break with my camera, I ran into this guy.  He was busking on the road leading to the Western Wall. I asked him whether I could take his picture, to which he agreed immediately. There was something intriguing about him to me so I sat down and asked him to tell me his story.

His story ended up with him speaking about how passionate he was about music and how his dream is to record a CD, and how the only thing standing in his way is money. He spoke about how every cent that he gets from busking goes into savings for his dream to become reality.

Speaking to him made me think about life, where I was heading and what my dreams were. Mainly it made me think:

"What am I willing to do to reach my goal?"

What am I willing to sacrifice in order to get there? And here's the answers I came up with to this almost unanswerable question... 

GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. Put yourself out there. Take a risk. Push yourself. If you fail, get back up again. Keep moving on, no matter what.

But at the same time while this man made me think about my future and what I am doing with my life, it also made me think about how some people are far less fortunate than I am. It made me really grateful that I have a job and quite an "easy life" in comparison to some others. Also made me think about how much I am doing to help those people who are more in need than I am, and just how important it is to help others.

And that is what I am going to leave you with. Hope that inspired you a little bit, and if you are ever in Jerusalem, this guy sits in the old city every day for 10 hours, so go pay him a visit.

x Veevley

No comments:

Post a Comment