Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Journal Day #13 - "State Of Me"


We are back with Journal Days! This week's prompt, courtesy of Sometimes Sweet.

This week, write a "State of Me" address. Write about how you're really doing - what you've been thinking, what you've been up to. What have you accomplished lately? Where is there room for growth? Where are you right now in life and where are you headed? Current joys, currents sadness...write it all out. Discuss the current state of YOU. 

Word of warning: It's another lengthy one. 

This week - I am going to address the points in this prompt one by one.

// What have you been thinking? //

There are certain things that I often catch myself thinking about, and they go as follows: What are my long-term plans? Where would I like to see myself in 10 years time? What do I need to do to make sure I get to that goal in that amount of time? 

This past week, due to traveling to England and the Philippines, I have had lots of plane rides and train rides all to myself, to sort through my thoughts and process everything that needed processing. Much to my surprise, the thoughts mentioned above were not what I was focusing on. My thoughts concentrated more on the present than the future. Rather than spending time planning ahead, I was taking in the scenery on the train rides, envisioning different photo shoots that could take place in the locations and taking time to look at the little details the world had to offer. In other words, I was regaining inspiration. On the plane rides, I found myself looking over events from the past weeks, reminiscing at photos and just taking joy in nobody being able to contact me for a few hours. Relaxing rather than stressing. I was quite pleasantly surprised. I liked that feeling, and now I am able to turn back to my planning with a clear head, more stress free and able to also live in the moment rather than always concentrating on the future. 

// What have you accomplished lately? What have you been up to? //

 As mentioned above, I have been traveling quite a lot recently. And while I haven't been traveling or working, I have been spending time with family and friends. That's what I have been up to and also what I have accomplished lately. As an introvert, I have the tendency of sometimes becoming a hermit and shutting people out. I am quite pleased with my progress in getting out of this pattern and spending more time with the people who are important to me, rather than just being at home whenever I have spare time. I am learning to balance work, social time, and my own personal time. Does that count as an accomplishment? ;)

// Where is there room for growth? //

 Where do I even begin? There's plenty of areas in which I could grow. They vary from simply learning more about photography and my skills in the media area, all the way to learning to pull through with things which I set my mind to (this blog for example)... So I won't go into all of the things because otherwise this post could become far too long for anyone to read. ;)

// Where are you right now and where are you headed? //

This question is a loaded one and would take up an entire post. There will be a post about it in the future, so don't worry, but it will be in a little while... And by a little while, I mean a few months time.

// Current Joys //

Having more travel opportunities. Seeing more of the world and gaining experience. Enjoying the simple things in life like a well made cup of coffee and good company.
// Current Sadness //

 Knowing that my grandparents are not doing too well and living far away from them.

Would love to see you do one of these journal prompts so we can get to know each other better! Please do let me know if you do! Until next time :)

x Veevley

No comments:

Post a Comment