Pages

Friday, May 09, 2014

Dealing with Lack of Inspiration


I stole this idea of giving a "Piece of Advice for today" off of the 'Blog Every Day in May' challenge set by Story of My Life. Though I haven't participated in each day, I figured I would do a few of them as I do blog every day anyway ;)

My piece of advice is to do with lack of inspiration. I feel this is something that all of us will have dealt with or will eventually deal with in our lives. Every blogger will hit writers block at one point or another. Every photographer will run out of fresh creative ideas eventually. Now, be sure that this lack of inspiration will not last forever. I've been through this a few times, and I can tell you, you always come through the other end more motivated than ever. Life will always catch up with you, events will keep on taking place that may discourage you but as soon as you pass all of them, you will be much better for it, and much more grateful when life doesn't kick you in the arse constantly.

So my advice would be to just keep pushing yourself. Even if you don't feel motivated, just push through, find a new environment to work in (discover new places to shoot, new cafes to sit and write in, etc...) and try and do what you know best. The rush will come back.

Just putting a few of my thoughts out there in rant form ;)

x Veevley

No comments:

Post a Comment