Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Music of the Week #2


Again, quite a chill week in the world of music. Here are a few favourites of mine that have been repeated plenty this past week, especially today as it is my "pyjama day."


No. 1 - Dreams by Oliver Tank

The whole album is amazing. My favourite song would probably be Up All Night. But have a listen. Reminds me quite a lot of The XX. And yes, it is an older album (2011) but I just discovered it so to me, it's brand new. And I can't believe I haven't heard it before.


No. 2 Cavalier by James Vincent McMorrow

I fell in love with James Vincent McMorrow's music last summer and have been listening to it ever since but this 2014 album is really something else. Go listen to it if you haven't already, you won't regret it.


No. 3 - I Am Mountain by Gungor

Came as a recommendation from a friend. I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to enjoy it, but I ended up falling in love with this song and it's been on my repeat list for a while now...


No. 4 - Solace by Fyfe

Also a new discovery, there's something about this song that intrigues me and I am hooked. Something that fits my style of music extremely well and I'm still kind of trying to figure it out. That's probably the worst explanation of how I feel about a song. The only word that really fits for a description of how I feel is INTRIGUED.

So that was a shorter list of music but really all of those are amazing albums. Check them out. What have you been listening to this week?

x Veevley

P.S. Exciting news - I booked my plane ticket to the Philippines in June! So that's quite exciting! Can't wait. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi I love your blog I have nominated you for the liebster award
    http://hannahcatherin.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-liebster-award.html
    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! That's extremely sweet. x

      Delete
  2. Wow! I've never listened to Oliver Tank before. now I did and I'm amazed! Great post. Perfect music. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does some amazing work. Completely captivated me. Thank you! x

      Delete