Pages

Monday, February 03, 2014

Travel Post - Finland

Hello world. 

As I write this, I am currently sitting in a train, which I have spent more time on than in any other kind of housing in the past few days. As you know by now, I arrived in Finland on the 30th of January, spent one night in Espoo before beginning my trip up north on a 4.5 hour train ride. First stop - Jakobstad (Pietarsaari). A very small yet incredibly atmospheric city. Personally, I wouldn't be able to live there but I do see the appeal to... well... retired people. I stayed there for one night as the next day was one of my good friends weddings (pictured below), and I was photographing it. It was actually pretty amazing as we had a group of us who had met in Israel who all came for his wedding, which turned out to be lots of fun. And get this - it was a STEAMPUNK WEDDING! How cool is that? First themed wedding I've ever been to.


After their beautiful wedding, I headed to Kokkola by cab for Wedding Number 2. I checked in to my hotel and got everything ready before falling asleep. In the morning, I went down for hotel breakfast before getting ready for the wedding and heading off to the church with my camera in hand. As I was just a supporting photographer type person, I was also able to enjoy the wedding a little bit, as the bride was also somebody that I had met in Israel. 


And here I am... sitting in my train looking out the window into the pitch black trying to make out where exactly we might be at the moment. I am heading to Helsinki to have a few portrait sessions with some beautiful people before heading to my Grandma's, packing up, and heading to the airport early in the morning. 

This has been an incredibly busy time but I have so enjoyed it! Although not much sleep has been had, I feel incredibly accomplished with the amount that I have done.

Hope you guys have an awesome week! 

x Veevley

No comments:

Post a Comment